By Lynn Fredricks on Wednesday, 24 September 2014
Posted in Technical Issues
Likes 0
Views 1.3K
Votes 0
I have a site that uses Jomsocial for its User Profile management as well as Hikashop. Non-logged in visitors can see discussions without any problem. This is for a new version of a site that isn't public yet.

If someone logs in and tries to view Discussions, they get the 1064 error:

-------------------------------------------------------

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') union select b.`category_id` from `jos3_discuss_category_acl_map` as b ' at line 1 SQL=select c.`id` from `jos3_discuss_category` as c where not exists ( select b.`category_id` from `jos3_discuss_category_acl_map` as b where b.`category_id` = c.`id` and b.`acl_id` = '2' and b.`type` = 'group' and b.`content_id` IN () union select b.`category_id` from `jos3_discuss_category_acl_map` as b where b.`category_id` = c.`id` and b.`acl_id` = '2' and b.`type` = 'user' and b.`content_id` = '231' ) and c.`private` = '2'

-------------------------------------------------------

How do I fix this problem?
Hello Lynn,

Thanks for the access. I've fixed it for you. Seems like the code in your ED is not updated. I've updated it. Please have a look.
·
Thursday, 02 October 2014 16:04
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Lynn,

Can you provide us your backend and FTP access so we can have a better look on your issue here? Please advise.
·
Wednesday, 24 September 2014 10:25
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Nick,

Please check the updated info. This site is not live, so if you find it unlive, please leave it unlive.
·
Thursday, 02 October 2014 06:27
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hello Lynn,

I've tried to access your frontend but failed. And also can you provide us full access to your backend so we can easily check what the issue is. Please advise.
·
Thursday, 02 October 2014 10:24
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Nick,

Sorry, fixed your privileges. You should be able to admin your way about.
·
Thursday, 02 October 2014 13:12
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks Nick!
·
Sunday, 05 October 2014 01:45