Setting up autoposting with Facebook
Facebook auto posting allows you to automate postings into Facebook without any manual interactions. In short, everything is automated the minute you save or store your blog post. By default, EasyBlog comes with a step by step guide that helps enable you to setup your Facebook autoposting. In this guide, we'll give you a walk through of each steps.
Accessing the auto posting screen.
On your main screen of the back end, you should be able to see an icon that says "Auto Posting". You will need to click on that item.
Choose your setup method.
There's 2 types of configuration that you may choose from here.
- Step by step guide (Advisable for new users)
- Standard settings (Faster configuration for advanced users)
Step 1 - Creating your first Facebook Application.
First, you will need to setup your Facebook application from http://facebook.com/developers. Once you have created the application, copy the App ID and App Secret respectively. Once you are done, click on the Next Step button.
If you require help setting up your Facebook application, follow the guides here.
Do take note that, you must use your user account to create the application. You are unable to create an application on Facebook with a page or group account.
Step 2 - The real deal.
Now that you've completed the first step, you will need to sign in with your Facebook account by clicking on the Sign in with Facebook button. On this screen, you'll also be able to configure the behavior of the autoposting. The configurations are broken down into the following:
- Posting as facebook page - You will need to enter the page id here. To post into multiple pages, separate each page id with a comma.
- Automatically share on new post - By enabling this, every time a new blog post is created, it get's shared on your Facebook account or page.
- Automatically share on updates - By enabling this, every time a blog post is updated, it would also get shared on your Facebook account or page.
To obtain your Facebook page id, you can access it via the opengraph url
Final Step - You are almost there.
This is the final screen of the setting up of your Facebook autoposting. You can totally ignore and move on or continue customizing the options here to suit your site's behavior. On this screen, you'll be able to specify the following options:
- Where should excerpt be taken from - You may configure which section of the content you would like to share on Facebook here.
- How many characters? - By default, this is set to 350 characters and it should be sufficient enough. You can set it to a larger value if you want more text to appear on Facebook.
- Allowing users to setup their own Facebook - By enabling this, your user's can setup their own auto posting as well when they access their profile section.
That's it folks! Here's some tips for you.
Default facebook icon
If you are wondering on how you can change the default icon, this icon is located at your site in /components/com_easyblog/assets/images/default_facebook.png. You may just replace this image with your desired image.
I am still stuck :(
If you are still stuck with the guide above and require assistance, relax and drop a line or two at our helpdesk https://crm.stackideas.com/ or forums, http://stackideas.com/forums.html. We're more than happy to be able to help you through.
- Module Positions
- How Tos