New StackIdeas website released!
We are happy to announce that we rebuilt the StackIdeas.com site using the latest Joomla 2.5 version. If you had experienced some accessibility issues days ago, probably it was being upgraded. You should be able to view all pages or login to your account now.
Here are some of the highlights of our new website:
Streamlined layout for all pages
The old site contained some different layouts that had created minor confusions. This new website will have a more standardized layout throughout now. We intend to display all of the major features of our products so that you know what does our extensions do. To be frank, the features in EasyBlog seems to be in hundreds so we had to pick and show the best features that our Joomla users would want to use.
New payment gateway
If you are a regular user of our site, you might have noticed that we have moved to FastSpring to handle all online transactions for us. The previous merchant Plimus have seen better days and with this new system, we're looking to provide a better shopping experience to you.
New blog layout
Check out the new minimalist design that our blog has now. We removed all the tiny features/buttons of what may seem like clutter so that you can comfortably read our latest developments. In case you wondered, the blog you see now is powered by the latest EasyBlog 3.5 RC3. If you look deeper, we've also activated our Joomla comment extension Komento to handle all our comments in the blog now.
Improved downloads page
We've also got our hands on the Downloads page. We categorized it into two - Premium Downloads and Free Downloads. Premium Downloads lists all your paid licenses that you purchased previously, whereas, free downloads is where you download our free modules and components.
As this is a new site, some URLs have been changed and you might want to update your bookmarks for some of our important pages like:
- Your account login page - http://stackideas.com/downloads.html
- Forums - http://stackideas.com/forums.html
- Documentation - http://stackideas.com/docs.html
- Blog - http://stackideas.com/blog.html
We've been using Joomla 1.5 in our website since the beginning and we can conclude that this upgrade to Joomla 2.5 was well worth the time and effort. In Joomla 2.5, we need not install separate plugins to handle certain functions and this advantage makes our site load faster. Kudos to the Joomla! Core Team for a well built content management system! We had fun doing the upgrade!
If you have any issues accessing this new site, feel free to leave a comment in the comments area (powered by Komento!) below.
For this new site, we want to share our happiness to you with a discount on a new packaged product we created -- Social Professional Bundle. This new bundle contains the Professional versions of our Joomla blog component EasyBlog, the versatile discussion extension EasyDiscuss and the latest comment extension Komento!
This Bundle is great for you to start a thriving online community that is user-centric and yet easy to use in managing multiple user profiles, blogs, and social interactions. Truly the best package to start a bustling community!
The Social Professional Bundle already saves you 15% and for a limited time, we are topping up another 10% for a total of 25% of savings when you buy this Bundle from now till June 17th, 2012 at 2359 hours (GMT+0).